Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Since entering the market in 2000, Thermo Fisher Scientific GENEART GmbH has become one of the world’s leading specialists in the production of synthetic genes and in Synthetic Biology. The company provides key technologies for the development and production of new drugs, services for the improvement of proteins (e.g. industrial enzymes, antibodies) or for the construction of cells for complex biological processes (e.g. for use in cell therapies). Today, GENEART is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, the world leader in serving science. We enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer – that is our mission!
Have a look at this video to get to know more about the work we are doing at GENEART: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVWuOn-HZY
For the support of our Team, we are looking for a
Manager, Procurement/Sourcing (f/m/d)
Discover Impactful Work:
The Manager Procurement has overall responsibility for all purchasing activities for the Regensburg site ensuring uninterrupted global supply of direct materials and services including raw materials and packaging materials. This position’s primary objective is to acquire inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved Global and Regional Suppliers at competitive costs as the need arises to support the operations and improve the organization’s profitability.
A day in the Life:
- Management of the transactional purchasing team, expediting and internal customer service of all raw materials using Oracle E1
- Performance management and development of the Purchasing team, including mentoring, employee reviews, compensation and important metric management
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the Purchasing Organization to achieve strategic objectives
- Improve inventory control programs including Pay at Consumption, JIT, KANBAN and Cycle counting to achieve cash flow objectives without compromising material availability
- Lead formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions
- Develop effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality and cost (agreements, supplier evaluation)
- Act as a liaison between employees, internal support areas and other departments
- Understand regulatory and market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain (SIOP process, German Supply Chain Due Diligence Act)
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management.
- Lead and/or participate on process improvement teams to drive cost savings and process improvements.
Keys to Success:
- Bachelor´s or master´s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management or technical oriented field
- Experience in Purchasing or Sourcing, project management and people management
- Maturity in dealing with conflicts and superior communication and negotiation skills including listening, verbal and written (German and English)
- Validated ability to support department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers, subordinates, suppliers and customers
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while optimally dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to demonstrate knowledge of operations and develop solutions to sophisticated issues
- Understanding of contracts and supply agreements
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail
What we offer:
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Please note we are not interested in receiving unsolicited CVs from any personnel service providers.
Should you choose to send us or upload any such candidate document they will not be acknowledged